Thursday, May 24, 2007

Log 3: Leros 37.07.80N 26.51.19E.


Hi

Motored all day to Leros. The water was like glass. Left late because the fuel tanker we ordered didn't turn up and we had to motor around to the marina fill up. Only needed 100 litres which means one of my fuel tank gauges is not working because it showed empty. Confirmed I'm not going senile yet because I was sured I filled it before I left the boat on the hard in Turkey.

We have anchored off Leros town 37.07.80N 26.51.19E.

Rented a car and drove out to see our Australian friends. Their boat is near the airport, not in the yard in the main port. Unfortunately, they have not arrived. They will have a lot of work to do on their boat. I'll be surprised if they get away this season.
We then drove around some of the bays on the island, which the logans loved and had dinner at a taverna on the waterfront. I had goat with stuffed tomatoes and peppers. Thought of you, Es.
We will keep touring today and leave for Amorgos tomorrow. Howard is still in Simi. They text me they will leave today. We will meet them somewhere on the way.

Fighting a debilitating cold at the moment, taking some of the vilest cough medicine I have ever had. Apart from that, all well.

Lots of love
Tony

No comments: