Saturday, May 26, 2007

Letter from Gran dan

Dear Eloise, Ashy, Abi

I spent the last three days and nights anchored outside a big old castle on the Greek island of Kos. Kos is famous for many things, including its vegetables. Ask mommy to show you some next time you are in the supermarket.

The castle was very old. It had steep straight walls to keep enemies out. They stretched high up into the sky and went all the way down to the water. I wondered whether there were any handsome princes, beautiful princesses inside. Maybe a wicked which, goblins, a bold knight or a happy giant.

I peeked inside but could not see any.
There was an ice cream shop near the castle. It sold the nicest and biggest icecreams and blueberry pies and apple tarts.
I sat in the cockpit of my boat at night eating them.

Big flood lights cast a spell over the castle and bathed it in gold. When people passed the lights they threw shadows on the castle walls. They looked all rubbery like shadows of skinny giants. I also saw shadows of lions and tigers. When I looked closer, the lions and tigers turned out to be only pussy cats. The lights made their shadows so big. There were all sorts of cats there -- big cats, little cats, grey cats, black cats.

I hope the chicks in the mast were not scared.

Love you lots
Gran'DAD

No comments: