Monday, May 28, 2007

Log 4: Paros 37.05.02N 25.09.11E

Hi

Chauntaclear (Dave and Jan) got on the radio and announced they are in a bay around from us. Very nervous because they heard a force eight blow is coming on Tuesday. I have seen no indication of it on the sky but it has made H&M nervous, so I said I would come in and check it out. None of the forecasts show any sign of it.

Unfortunately, we didn't see Con at Leros. Went out to the boat twice and they weren't there. So sorry to have missed them. We hired a car and did an island tour. It was very good.
Decided to come straight to Paros, rather than Amorgos because there was no wind and thought I would get a bit higher and catch up with our friends.

It is good to be back in Paros 37.05.02N 25.09.11E. It is a nice town but I feel lonely here beause I have such good memories of our last time here with the Js and Abi. I went to the restaurant we had lunch in today because I thought they may have erected a monumnent to Abi's mammoth effort there. They haven't.

We stopped at Dhemoussa 37.05.5N 25.48.5E on the way. Had a pleasant night on anchor there before heading on to Paros. Had to change the fan belts there (probably as a result of leaving port on a Friday!) The logans get back from Santorini on Tuesday.

We will head away Thursday if the weather is good.

Lots of love
Tony

No comments: