Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Letter from Grand Dad

Dear Eloise

Dear Ashy

Dear Abi

Last night when I went to bed the sky was a funny orange colour. It was so bright that it made all the hills and the water around my boat look a spooky orange.

I was in my boat back in Turkey hiding from a very high wind that made big big waves. They were so big they made my boat shake and rattle and roll.

When I anchored behind the island in Turkey, the water was calm and still. It was nice and peaceful, even though out at sea it was still blowing very hard.

I was very tired.

I heard rain in the night.

When I woke up this morning, my boat had changed colour. Instead of being white, it was orange.

It changed colour because the rain clouds had been full of sand from the Sahara desert. When it rained, the sand fell out of the clouds. It rained mud instead of water. What a mess!
Then I knew why the sky was such a spooky colour. They sun shining on the clouds made the sand sparkle orange, the same colour it is in the desert.

I hope the little chicks at the top of my mast didn't get covered in mud. I might climb up and look at them tomorrow.

Lots of love
Gran' Dad

No comments: